No one can deny the world’s leading provider software position of Facebook Messenger. And Automatic Messages (Broadcast) play a very important role nowadays.
With all the practical experience and research, we are gonna share the core value with you! Follow and apply these tricks and tips, you’ll find yourself on a sky-high engagement and sales via Messenger bots.
Facebook Messenger Rules
To use the Broadcast feature effectively, you should get yourself familiar with the Facebook Messenger Rules. Here comes the golden notices that you must take concern about and follow them to send broadcasts on Messenger bots:
1. Subscribers are not just leads, they are human beings. And when it comes to humans, it’s about emotions.
2. Messenger is not an email. We all know that emails are about to outreach others, but messages can create connections or feelings amongst businesses and their prospects/customers.
3. Each block sent out is a greeting to the conversations. The broadcast message is such an invitation to chat users to have a dialogue with you. Adding emotions is the key value to win people.
4. Non-Promotional messages could only be sent to your chat users if they have engaged with the chatbot within the past 24 hours.
5. For any messages sent outside of the 24-hour rule, they must be sponsored messages.
After understanding the rules, there is another aspect we do need to learn more about: the target market’s behaviors.
Best day for Broadcast Mess
Hate Monday? You are not alone.
If you want people to spend more time than just a glance at your text, you must take concern about timing.
So, different timing really matters!
As you may guess, people tend to be grumpier at the beginning of the week. According to research from The Drum, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday are very likely to be the best days for Broadcast messages.
It may seem weird to you that weekends, especially Sundays, are the worst time to improve your sales records.
Happy Every Thursday
The research also shows that online sales reached the highest point on Thursdays, beating Mondays.
So, now you know when would be the best day of a week to promote your products!
Best Times sending a Text.
With that in mind, let’s check out some of the common times that companies often provide broadcast messages:
- 9 A.M. and 12 P.M. on weekdays: prospects tend to check notifications on their phone before starting to work or before taking the lunch break.
- 5 – 6 P.M. on weekdays: by this time, people are about to end their work so they will be on the phones.
- Around 9 to 11 A.M. on Saturdays and Sundays: your audiences will spend a great time on their social network sites.
- Between 4 P.M. and 7 P.M. on Sundays: this is the time to catch people’s attention, as they are winding down for the next week.
No perfect time
To be honest, each person has a different daily routine. So, they would react to marketing text messages differently. Some people may find it interesting to respond well to a message sent at 11 A.M while others could be more likely to reply to a message at 6 P.M.
It would be ridiculous if we believe in a perfect time for all prospects or products.
How to time your Broadcast Messages?
An average person could check their phone up to 150 times per day.
Most of the time, customers will take a look at the messages but they are not very likely to respond to them. As a result, timing is very important. To determine an ideal time for sending broadcast messages, it depends on your goals, customer behaviors and the industry. Here comes some tips for you:
You may know there are definitely some wrong times to send a marketing message. Sending a text too early in the morning or too late at night could lead to negative consequences. You don’t want to create a bad impression on your customers just because of this mistake.
It also depends on the time zones of your customers. Your business is located in Asia but your target market is in the US. You must be concerned about the time gap between places.
Besides, avoid sending messages on widely celebrated holidays, for example Thanksgiving or Christmas. You don’t want your value deals to get lost in a busy schedule, right?
When audiences are on their phones.
It’s true that nowadays people carry their phones everywhere and check them constantly. But there are times your customers spend more time on their phones than others.
For instance, most of us passively check on our phones throughout the workday. But we’ll be more focused and active in the evening. You may check the Some timings part again to get this clearly.
Do the A/B test
It would be needed to figure out which day of the week and at what time of the day, customers eager to respond to a text. So, an A/B test could be the best choice here.
Spread your campaign for several different days/time and collect the record, you’ll find out when is the best time to get your customers engaged. After testing on a small scale, now you are ready to make it real!
Nail your Broadcast Message with BotStar!
Need assistance with your Broadcast? BotStar and its Facebook Messenger bot are here to get you covered.
BotStar gives you a tool to manage conversations easily. No need to worry about the large amount of workload. The bot also works 24/7 constantly along with your live agents. This will bring the best outcome in customer satisfaction.
Here comes a detailed document on step by step of how to set up a Broadcast in your chatbot.
Besides, the report and insight of this feature will help you a lot. You can check on how many texts have been sent out, how many people read it, how many prospects reply to it.
Thanks to these numbers from your chatbot, you can figure out the common characteristics of your audience. For example who they are, where they live and what their shopping behaviors are. Then, next time, you’ll adjust the Broadcast messenger bot to gain more sales.