1. How Chatbots Are Helping Healthcare Systems In The Covid-19 Battle
Covid 19 is widely regarded as the world’s most dangerous disease.
More than a year after the disease first appeared, it has continued and spread rapidly. In March 2021, there were over 117 million cases of covid worldwide, with almost 2.1 million deaths (The Washington Post). This is really a huge number.
As a result, the healthcare industry has to find out a new approach to adapt to big changes since the pandemic took place.
And a chatbot, in some ways, is one of the most important methods for adjusting operations for improved screening, sanitization, and social distancing interventions, for example, and remote healthcare provision. Chatbots are being expected to ensure users whom it approaches to receive the same level of service as human agents in the near future.
2. Why Need A Chatbot In Healthcare System
Due to the impacts of Covid 19, our lives have changed a lot in order to respond to its needs and conditions. Below are some changes that explain why chatbot is necessary at this time:
- How People Receive Care. As long as there has been healthcare, the assumption was that to receive care, people needed to meet face-to-face with a doctor. Taking a closer look, with chatbot, patients discover the ease of being able to log in for a virtual appointment from home instead of having to drive, sit in a waiting room, and risk being exposed to germs during the pandemic. Moreover, individuals with symptoms and disabilities need advice on whether or not to seek medical treatment during COVID-19, so providing reliable information is critical.
- Finances. The spread of Covid-19 is stretching operational systems in healthcare and beyond. We have seen shortages of everything, from health facilities to human resources. While the virus grows at an exponential rate, chatbots, if effectively designed and deployed, could keep our health system keep up with this kind of explosive demand, with a very low cost. For example, it can help share up-to-date information quickly, collaborations with healthcare workers to categorize patients, schedule health check ups, etc. without human intervention.
- Staffing. Healthcare facilities are currently experiencing staffing shortages due to exposure, sickness, the need to care for families, and burnout. As a result, a chatbot is an effective method that can be implemented to resolve vulnerabilities while also ensuring patient care and protection.
3. Advantages And Disadvantages Of A Chatbot
- Instantly, 24/7. Chatbots are versatile and can handle spikes in demand when human agents are unavailable. For instance, chatbots can provide 24-hour service at a low cost of operation. People will use that to find out what to do next right away without waiting till their doctor’s office opens to call and get advice.
- In a personalized and friendly way. Chatbots are high-quality in the sense that they consistently produce the same results in response to the same inputs, and they can be easily retrained in the face of rapidly changing knowledge. Users may be more likely to reveal socially unacceptable information because chatbots are nonjudgmental; they make no moral judgments about the information given by the user.
- No matter where and when they’re located. Also, chatbots help people get accurate information about the pandemic and answer questions related to their private demands anytime and anywhere from their phones and computers at a time when we need to restrict our direct exposure. Instead of accessing information by call centers and other means at hospitals and medical centers, people can do it even more quickly with chatbot.
On the other hand, chatbots still have drawbacks.
- Spending a lot of time and effort. Setting up a full chatbot is not difficult, but it must be updated and perfected on a regular basis to keep up with the ever-changing knowledge flows and unique needs of users in specialized fields like healthcare.
- Cannot completely replace humans. Chatbot’s biggest downside is its limited ability to express emotions. Of course, the chatbot is designed to avoid being too restrictive and to establish a friendly relationship with users. However, if you expect it to work in the same way as humans do, unfortunately you will be a bit disappointed.
4. Create A Chatbot From Free Template.
You are wondering whether building a chatbot is too hard for a non-tech person or not and how a chatbot could understand and approach people in the most friendly way. Don’t worry, BotStar is very happy to give you the best solution ever.
With the original visual conversation flow designer, you can easily edit attractive conversations that deliver your story, grow your audience, transfer data and sell your products through just a simple bot.
In the healthcare industry, a chatbot platform is useful for responding to questions, making suggestions, exchanging resources, and automating other routine tasks. These are tips you should consider and prepare before start:
- Figure out what kind of company you’re a part of: an urgent-care facility, a local/national health organization or a psychiatrist or therapist’s office.
- Think about what your primary goals are when using chatbot.
- Pick the most urgent problem and build a bot to solve it.
- Prioritize your patients or clients, and you will get the best chatbot.
Let’s start to build your own bot via our website: https://app.botstar.com. We also have a step-by-step instruction for the beginners that you can follow to get more details: https://docs.botstar.com/docs/en/getting-started/.
We also have one more tip for those who want to shorten the process but still optimize the specification fitting your business’ models, which is using BotStar free chatbot templates. This is the quickest way to get your bot up and run.
You can find numerous models to choose from here: https://templates.botstar.com.
Now, your bot is ready to run and use on your site. It’s simple, right? Just give it 5 minutes and you can make it on your own.