It’s the golden age of software as a service (SaaS).
The SaaS business model emerged sometime in the 90s. Thanks to the massive growth of the internet, it is now one of the most popular business models in the digital world with large companies like Salesforce and Oracle playing in this field.
New to SaaS? Welcome!
By reading this article, you’re just starting to explore the concept of SaaS with Chatbots as a perfect example.
1. Saas – an Introduction
The expression” Software-as-a-Service” represents an increasingly well-known way of offering software applications or computer programs to customers nowadays. It’s easy to use for customers and it allows them to use software services at affordable prices. Access to applications is easy: You just need an Internet connection.
What is Saas?
Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) is a software licensing model in which access to the software is provided on a subscription basis, with the software being located on external servers rather than on in-house servers. (Investopedia)
Also, Software-as-a-Service is typically accessed through a web browser, so SaaS applications are sometimes called Web-based software, on-demand software, or hosted software. Whatever the name, SaaS applications run on a SaaS provider’s servers. The provider manages access to the application, including security, availability, and performance. (Salesforce)
Users logging into the system using a username and password. Instead of each user having to install the software on their computer, the user can access the program via the internet.
Key advantages Of Software-As-A-Service
Most current Saas providers offer a ready-to-use application together with the subscription service. Rather than spending time and effort on building in-house solutions, SaaS users subscribe to the software on a monthly or annual basis and use the applications easily and quickly. No need for hardware setting up, installing, no server maintenance or repairs are necessary, these applications require only a login account, some setup, and online training to get started.
The entry cost for implementing a cloud-based application is much lower than a traditional on-premise application since there is no cost for building the IT infrastructure, no other costs such as cost for running servers, storages, maintenances for operation since all these factors are addressed and managed by the cloud provider.
Therefore, customers only pay for their account usage based on what their customers consume monthly or yearly.
High level of flexibility
SaaS applications can help solve critical needs for businesses in a convenient way. Here are the top 4 points that prove the flexibility of Saas.
- Customers can offer this application to all their employees that are working in different locations or different religions without any extra cost. They barely just require an online connection to access the cloud-based tool.
- Since SaaS systems are cloud-based, they are easily scalable and can be quickly integrated with other similar systems
- Saas providers take the responsibility to upgrade the service from time to time and ensure you’re using the latest version of the software.
- Customers are not locked into fixed investments and license terms and can make changes or switch to another provider every month, every quarter, or year depending on the subscription term.
What is chatbot software as a service?
A Chatbot is a Saas that is designed for automated conversations. It receives conversational input through text or voice then generates a response that is also in natural language. It is a perfect tool in situations that require a back-and-forth interaction.
Today, chatbots can perform and carry out many actions/ functions beyond just sending replies with sample answers.
2. Value throughout your organization
- Improve customer acquisition
- Be able to server/respond to new customers 24/7
- Trigger automated chatting and pay the way for the next step: Sales & MKT
- Show your potential customers your advanced digital capabilities
- Increase sales/ revenue per user
- Provide value content right away for customers to make purchasing decisions.
- Work across multiple channels to attract new sales leads
- Gather, analyze and act on customers’ references.
- Boost customer care
- Improve support quality by providing instant responses to questions, 24/7.
- Handle frequently asked questions at a high level of accuracy
- Use data to understand your customers and nurture the customer relationship
- Minimize Operation Costs
- Save cost and free up human resources spent on support service
- Low cost for the application implementation and maintenance
- Easily to scale up and down based on customers and business use case
- Boost marketing activities
- Keep customers updated via messages and automate marketing activities
- Personalize marketing messages sent to customers based on their interest
- Improve click rate & customer turn back rate
- Use chatbots that automatically ask contextually relevant questions to gain customer insight, at scale.
3. BotStar’s chatbot characteristics
You could find in BotStar all the features you need to build your Chatbot that help enable complex and meaningful conversations with the customers.
- Omni channel: BotStar supports Facebook & Website, with a build-once-deploy-many paradigm.
- Easy to use: Build and manage chatbot easily. Add images, videos, variables, and more to the conversation with simple drag-and-drop functionality.
- Visual flow editor: offers a bird’s eye view over the whole flow, easy to make changes and update content
- Multiple Tasks Automation: Go beyond simple FAQ chatbots, BotStar can perform complex tasks and free up human resources. such as orders taking, product suggestions, segment users, etc.
- Talk in a human-like manner: Users get more engaged in conversations if chatbots act more human-like. BotStar integrates with Google’s DialogFlow and Facebook’s WIT.AI that you can use to train chatbots for better responses and the ability to detect a wider variety of user inputs.
- Omi-channel inbox: Use an omnichannel inbox and get a complete toolset for human collaboration
- Ease of Implementation: Connect easily to Facebook with a few simple clicks or deploy to the website by copy and paste BotStar chatbot plugin. No need for custom software development or technical requirements.
- Multi-Language: BotStar also has multilingual support for up to 170 languages right out of the box–essential for companies with international customers.
- Variable systems: Variables are dynamic fields that contain different data. They capture different types of information during the conversation between bot and users.
- High level of flexibility: Integration function is maximized with the connection with thousands of cloud-based systems. Through these integrations that the chatbot can access info from multiple sources,
- The platform for coders: Inline scripting lets developers build rich features for your bot, like API calls, on-the-fly calculations, and highly complex integrations.
4. Chat(bot) your way to digital success
There are many widely available tools that allow anyone to create a chatbot. Some of these tools are oriented toward business uses, and others are oriented toward consumers. We’ve got it all covered.
Besides the simple ability that every chatbot should have that we presented above, you can build a bot that performs complex actions in the back. We offer tools that allow your bot to handle daily tasks that usually require human touch.
Thus, a business user should be able to use these types of tools to create a chatbot in as little as an hour.
You can get BotStar for free, or find a list of BotStar features and pricing details here on BotStar’s pricing page.